Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Job Search

When I started dog walking 2 years ago, I had quite a bit of time on my hands. Even as the business grew, I had large blocks of time between dog walks and cat visits that I wanted to fill with work to help suppliment my earnings. My only problem was I never knew what my schedule was going to be and I would often get calls with just a few hours notice. Dog walking was my main priority so I wanted to be able to maintain that flexibilty, yet we really could have used a little extra cash. I scoured the classifieds and did managed to do a few contract jobs that I could do from home. Then Marlin and I got a newspaper route. It was great exercise, not-so-great income, and had horrible hours. We had to have the papers delivered by 7 a.m. so we had enough time to come home and get ready for work. Plus it was 7 days a week so we never got to sleep in. The good news is, those horrible hours rarely conflicted with our "day" jobs so it was a great fit. The weird thing is, I can't seem to stop looking for work! I have barely any spare time, but help wanted ads always catch my eye and actually make my heart skip a litle. I find myself thinking, "I wonder what the hours are?"

2 comments:

onecollie said...

You've got WAY too much energy girl!!! Just wait until you hit 40!!!

Sarah said...

oh workaholic Weny, I would no nothing of that :)

Isn't spare time weird?? I'm like you in that way, always trying to find something to do.

If we were dogs, we'd be Border Collies.