Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Very Good Year

I can't believe 2009 is here already but when I think back to last January I can't believe how much has changed!

The biggest change has been in my business. Last January I was still running around like a chicken with my head cut off because I was dog walking, pet sitting and working at the daycare. Now it is just the daycare, and I gotta say, that is so much better for my sanity. (Not my health though. I've put back on every pound I ever lost dog walking!)

I still don't feel like I have enough time to spend with family and friends but it is definitely getting better. The daycare is going better than I could have hoped - we have great clients, I get to work with great people, and the dogs are a lot of fun.

This year I'm going to try and spend more time with family and friends (especially my incredibly patient husband!), more time out walking the pups, more time taking pictures and more time just relaxing and hanging out.

3 comments:

miradukesadie said...

It's always like that at the start of any sucessful business. The owner is always working, then you get established and the owner is always in Hawawii, Mexico, Dominican....... =)

Paws on the Run said...

Ahh... I can't wait for those days!

Sarah said...

I'm still waiting for those days too, but it DOES get easier in some ways, you just have to look for those golden slow moments and take advantage of them - even if it is only an hour!!!!!

here's to a great '09 wendy!