Saturday, February 14, 2009

Colourful

Last night and this morning we added some colour to my new office. I did a custom white balance on the camera so this is as accurate as I can get the colours. I checked out the CIL website to see if they had their colours on-line but they don't seem to.

I really like the blue and am glad I went with it instead of the green I was thinking of. I think the brown is a bit much but with furniture and stuff on the walls I think it will be fine. It looks so much better than before and it no longer looks like a prison cell! I can't wait to get the desk in there.

The only problem now is that the floor looks really bad now that the walls are painted. I barely even noticed it before and now it is a huge eye sore. I may have to add some vinyl cork flooring like we have at the front of the daycare.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

looks good wendy, the blue is nice, really livens it up - more like the outdoor sky, you could just paint the floor - that is what i did in my basement - its cheap and easy!!! i did mine similar to the beige colour you have on the wall - or you could make a fun checkered pattern!!!!

onecollie said...

looks great Wendy!!!....I would paint the floor like Sarah said, then put a nice warm rug down too.

manymuddypaws said...

i agree with the paint- why mess around with the vinyl....

miradukesadie said...

There is paint you can buy at home hardware stores that is specifically for the floor, it makes it look like well.....floor. People use it for their garages usually but it would work.