Thursday, September 29, 2011

Foodies

I haven't been blogging much because I haven't had the camera out much.  I even have pictures on the camera from almost a week ago that I haven't downloaded yet!  That is so not like me.  It is a busy week though so don't expect anything out of me until at least Sunday at this point!

I did want to write and say that we started the girls last Sunday on some "real food". After running out and ordering a food processor and meat grinder, I started to panic that the girls wouldn't like their new food.  I have heard of dogs not liking homemade diets (I'm assuming just because it is different) and I started to worry that I had spent all this time, energy and now money for nothing. Amanda S. had gotten us some samples from The Honest Kitchen and we decided to give it a whirl.

Oh my.  I shouldn't have worried.  To say they LOVE it would be an understatement. Lacey now "naps" in the kitchen when meat is cooking and apparently Coulee is starting to whine with excitement when Marlin is preparing their dinner.  Bowls are licked clean and pushed across the room in their enthusiasm.  Jack needs to be held while they eat or he tries to help them finish their meals.

They are still getting kibble for breakfast as we wanted to transition them over slowly. They still eat it quickly but not with the same gusto that they eat their dinner. We still don't have all the supplements we need to start making their meals from scratch but  I'm hoping they'll arrive this week.  If they don't arrive today, I'm going to have to go pick up some more Honest Kitchen for the weekend and next week.

It has been fun so far and it is nice to have such appreciation shown for our efforts!

1 comment:

WigglyZack said...

That's great Wendy, glad they are enjoying their new food.