Thursday, April 14, 2011

Moody Spring


Well the snow came back.  But hopefully not for long.  I was really looking forward to our walk today as I'd had lots of fun this morning outside with the daycare dogs.  But suddenly it was super windy.  And super unpleasant.  We didn't stay out very long at all.


I really need to start doing some mentally stimulating stuff to tire Coulee out. This lack of fetch is seriously making her coo-coo.  She would not stop "play" attacking Lacey today and a few times she just stood in the middle of the field and barked at me.  At home in the evenings, she is constantly chasing Jack or Lu or Lacey and is driving all of us crazy.



She has started hitching on her back left foot now.  I didn't see it today, but I've noticed it the last 2 days.  I won't be surprised if we see something in a couple of weeks on her pads... or it could be coincidence and she's just pulled something. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  If something does show up, we'll be going to a dermatologist.  I've been asking everyone I know (and emailing many vets) but so far, I haven't found any more information.

This picture cracks me up.

I haven't stopped running her, just playing fetch. That alone is a huge reduction in exercise, but I'm not sure if it is enough.  I'll be ordering her booties tomorrow from Ruffwear. They can't get here fast enough.  Although not sure if we should be playing fetch even with booties on.


Lacey is just happy as a clam as always.  Especially as she has no idea her sister is stalking her.



I really wish Coulee looked better in the photo below.  They are actually running side by side which never seems to happen for more than a split second.  And this is the only shot I got.


Nothing else too exciting happening here.  We are just trying to survive spring's crazy mood swings.

2 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi
non riesco a commentare queste foto per quanto sono belle e divertenti !
Buona giornata :)
Myriam

Blazingstar said...

Great photos! I expect it may take 1-2 weeks for the lack of fetching to wear off and Coulee to calm down. She has come to expect it every day and she's an addict!! I would try some "find it games" with her, or something like that - where she gets to use her nose and her brain versus 100% prey drive. Perhaps have Marlin hide on a walk while you hold Coulee and then set her free to find him? Or hide a toy in the house and send her to find it.