Friday, September 27, 2013

Montana - Day 6


Today we headed over to the Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park.  We totally lucked out and a tour was leaving about 10 minutes after we got to the visitor center.  We had enough time to grab some warm clothes and head on out.


The caves were fun but the tour was quick.  It took about 2 hours but we didn't really get much time for more than a cursory glance in each room even though there was only 4 of us on the tour.  They take up to 35 people at a time, and I can't even imagine what that would have been like.  I felt like we were rushed... they must basically run from room to room to get it done in time.


As you can imagine, the lighting sucked and my photos do not do them justice.  I asked if they ever do photo tours and they don't.  I was surprised as they don't allow people to bring tripods and such as they take too much time.  :)  I can't believe a photo-club or something hasn't tried to set up a private tour.


After the tour we went on a short hike with the dogs. Nothing really photo worthy on the walk although the dogs enjoyed the SNOW.  Ugh.  It has been slowly creeping down the mountains every night. I'm hoping it will melt before we get to it tomorrow on our hike.


We didn't get too much accomplished today - the park was about 2 hours away so that killed some time, but it was worth the drive.  It definitely wasn't something you get to see every day.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

I have caverns like that near me (about an hour and a half from home). Did you ever see my post?
http://cardiganshirecorgis.blogspot.com/2010/09/and-now-for-something-completely.html

They let you take all the time you need :-)