Sunday, January 31, 2010

Burying the Bone

Last night I came home with two large rawhides for the girls. Two. So they would both have one. They both went off merrily with their bones and started chewing. A few hours later, they are down to one. There is no way, one of them has made it through a bone yet. Lacey has gone and "buried" it somewhere for safe keeping. Sigh.

Lacey's version of burying something is to place it on a flat surface and to use her nose to push stuff on top of it. So for example, she'll lay it in the middle of the livingroom floor (laminate floor I should add) and push dust bunnies, real and imagined, over the bone to hide it.

The sad thing is, I can't find the buried bone! And neither can Coulee.

I just caught her trying to bury the remaining bone in the couch cushions but she abandoned that attempt once she saw that I had noticed. I just went upstairs and looked, and she's hidden it somewhere else so that she can go outside and not worry about it being stolen. Hopefully she remembers where they are.

5 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

check under your pillow....

lol

Stephanie V said...

Gotta love those handy dust bunnies :)

Paws on the Run said...

I knew I was keeping them around for something! ;)

Michelle said...

How cute! You need some video of her in action!

Marcy said...

That's hilarious. Miikka does the same thing. Puts a rawhide in plain view and then labourously covers it with dirt that is real only in her own world.