Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Personal Sherpa


Coulee and I hiked up from Cameron Lake to Summit Lake and then another 4 km to the ridge.  I think Summit Lake is one of my favourite hikes.  It is only 4 km through forest and flower filled meadows to this super pretty little lake.


I think the best thing about this trip was that I had my own personal sherpa!  Coulee wore her new backpack and I got her to carry the water, the food and even the car keys.  All I carried was my camera.  It was wonderful! I don't think I would have made it to the top otherwise.

So Cameron Lake (where I started) is the big lake on the left.  The snow on the far side of the lake is actually in the USA.  You can see a small lake just to the right of Cameron (I don't know what lake that is) and then the next lake over (and a little farther in front) is Summit where the picture above was taken.


In the picture below, Summit is on the left side and you can see a bit of the path off to the right.


This is the view on the other side of the ridge.  In the far back, you can see the prairies.  It was a pretty hazy day, but on a clear day you can even make out a windmill down there. The lakes in this picture are Carthew Lakes.


Coulee also took a moment to enjoy the view after all her hard work up the mountain.


Thanks Coulee for carrying all the supplies yesterday.  I knew there was a reason I didn't bring Lacey instead.  :)

1 comment:

Squishy said...

Gosh it is so beautiful there!! It makes me want to go backpacking in the High Sierras which I haven't for a while. Gorgeous photos and good job Coulee!!!