Thursday, July 29, 2010

Searching



I am still searching for the perfect collar for Lacey.  


I need a collar that is comfortable, stylish and most importantly, stays clean.  That last need is proving to be challenging.  


I should probably be washing Lacey's collars once a day as not a day goes by when she isn't rolling in things she shouldn't, getting it soaking wet or having Coulee haul her around by it.  OK so that last one isn't her fault, but it still doesn't help the aroma.


I recently heard about these fun collars on Scruffy Dog Photography's blog.  They are fun, affordable (cost me $16 including shipping) and rubber!


AND they come with a name plate.  That has been a major pet peeve of mine - everytime I put a clean collar on Lacey, I needed to move the name tag over.  (I tried a special clip made just for this purpose and it didn't survived a day on Lacey.)


I still want to try the Headwaters collar from Ruffwear and I hope that they sort out the issues they were having with it, but until then, I think I may need to order a few more collars, in a few more colours.  A girl has to have options you know!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Have you looked at the Spiffy Dog Air Collars? I was very impressed with them when I had a chance to check them out - didn't buy one because our dogs don't wear collars (I really wanted them to make an air slip lead!) but it really does hold no water.

Paws on the Run said...

Thanks Joanna! I have never heard of them before. I'll be sure to check them out.

manymuddypaws said...

I have one of those wendy, I'll show it to you. They are great for just water, but seeing as how lacey is attracted to grossness not sure how long it would last. :)

what about those other ones i showed you? the dogs all dressed hydro collars?

http://www.hotdogsalldressed.com

scruffy dog photography said...

awesome! and a red one too! you're gonna love this collar. da best.

i actually have the Spiffy Dog collar for Merrick ... he has a finer hair, smaller neck, and sensitive skin, AND he doesn't bathe in puddles like Matea and Lacey! they're quick dry but they do gradually get dirty, and don't have the durability that these TufFlex ones do.

and that center ring's pretty cool, right?