Monday, March 7, 2011

Off to the Vet

It is Coulee's turn to go to the vet this week.

I don't want to go!
Her nose has been bleeding a bit on and off while we are out on walks.  Never a lot of blood and never for long.


The first time it happened, I thought she must have bumped it.


The second time it happened, I decided it was the cold air.


Every time it happened after that, I still thought it was the cold air.


Then I decided to ask on Facebook if anyone else's dog ever does this.


Apparently not.


Soooo.... It could be another sign of Lupus.  Or it could be me being paranoid.  So we are getting a blood test done that has lots of false positives and lots of false negatives.  What is the point?  I'm not sure exactly.  My vet said that if we get a negative in the middle of her having an issue, it is highly unlikely to be a false negative.  So that will be the only result we can actually trust.  So here's hoping for a negative.


I find myself obsessively staring at her nose now. The more you look at dog noses, the weirder they look.  Try it.  You'll see what I mean.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed it's a normal negative and Coulee's okay. How's her paw, anyway?
Sarah B.

Paws on the Run said...

Thanks Sarah! Her paws has been normal. Which is good, just inconclusive.

Anonymous said...

Always inconclusive! If only they could talk!

Paws on the Run said...

I know! They just made the house from UP happen - used helium balloons to lift a house. Wish they'd spent time figuring out how to make the talking dog collar instead! LOL

Nuria said...

Tus perros definitivamente son hermosos! :)