Sunday, January 6, 2013

Project Life 365 - Week 1

For a few weeks I've been thinking about whether or not I should do some sort of photography project this year.  I hummed and hawed, I looked for ideas on-line, I brainstormed and I couldn't come up with anything.  I briefly considered following along with Project Life 365 but then decided not to.  I tried to do a 365 two years ago and only made it about two months before it fell apart.  But a 365 project really appeals to me because everyone talks about how rewarding it is and how much you improve your photography, etc., etc.

The beginning of the year came and went and I was still undecided what to do.  But then Lorelei posted on Facebook that she was going to do Project Life 365 and was wondering if anyone else was interested.  Well that was the push I needed.  :)  So I started on Day 3 and did 3 photos in one day to catch up.  I'm posting them on Flickr as I go along, but will try and do weekly recaps here on the blog on Sundays.

I'm not going to be a total "purist".  If I miss a day, I'm not going to sweat it, I'll just take two the next day.  I'm going to try and consciously take each photo (i.e. not just take random photos and try and make them fit the daily theme) although I realize this may not always work as planned.

So without further ado, here is my first week.



Day 1 - Resolution
I hope to step outside my "dog" box a little more this year.  Work on my compositional skills and maybe photograph some different subjects.  I was thinking more along the lines of wildlife but there were none to be seen today.  :)

Day 2 - Me
Photo by Coulee (of course!).  This is probably how she sees me the most while out on a walk.

Day 3 - Optimistic
Some days smiles are easy to come by, other days you need to search a little harder.

Day 4 - Graceful
This wasn't quite what I was going for today - I was hoping for a little more action but my camera is struggling with focusing so it was a little hit and miss today and it did much better with stationary subjects.

Day 5 - View
This is the closest we get to a dog park these days. There are lots of dogs down below having fun, but we stick to the top part to avoid everyone.  I quite enjoy the solitude, but some days I wish we could join in the fun.

4 comments:

Hydro Blogger said...

I like this project - and your pics. Definitely a way to stretch yourself and have fun at the same time. Looking forward to the next 360 pics!

Taryn said...

So your new camera is giving you trouble? That's not fair!

Looking forward to your year of pictures, for sure!

Paws on the Run said...

Yeah the camera has been acting up... While away at Christmas there was a day where it pretty much refused to focus. It was driving me nuts. I think there is something in there (like a hair) that is blocking something but it moves around so sometimes I have no trouble and other times it just refuses to work. Of course when I brought it to the camera store it worked just fine. Typical. LOL. So we'll see how it goes over the next little while.

Paws on the Run said...

Yeah the camera has been acting up... While away at Christmas there was a day where it pretty much refused to focus. It was driving me nuts. I think there is something in there (like a hair) that is blocking something but it moves around so sometimes I have no trouble and other times it just refuses to work. Of course when I brought it to the camera store it worked just fine. Typical. LOL. So we'll see how it goes over the next little while.