Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bridge Pics

Constance and I headed out on Remembrance Day to photograph the bridge at night. They had lit it up for the occasion and unlike the first time I went out to see it, there was no big crowd appreciating it.


I didn't get anything drastically different from last time, but we did manage to witness an incredible sight.  A flock of birds flew over the bridge and they were illuminated by the lights.  They became these white, fluttering ghost birds that just looked stunning.  Both Constance and I just stood there in awe.  You can actually see a few in the picture below (it might look like there is dust on the lens, but it is bird shaped dust if you look closely!), but it was much, much more beautiful in person.


The view to the south was nice too.


But it was the bridge that got most of our attention.



PS - If you come here for dog pictures, don't worry they will return!  I've been having some wrist pain lately and have been instructed to carry my camera less, so I'm only taking pictures when I "need" to.  And this week that seems to be all the time!  But in an effort to appease my wrist, I haven't been taking any of the girls lately but that should change soon.

5 comments:

WigglyZack said...

Wow, those are brilliant. The best yet I have seen of the bridge lit up. You should sell them to the City!!!

miradukesadie said...

Those are awesome!! PS don't let my wicked meds cause you to overdo it! lol!

Kristy said...

These are great! I have yet to make it to the bridge all lit up - haven't even seen it in person yet!

H Ski said...

What great pictures!!

Marjorie said...

great photos! your dogs are SO cute!!! i need to post more pics of our dog:)