Friday, June 29, 2012

The Wildlife

Lacey and I didn't see any "big" wildlife while on our walk. This of course, is always good and bad.  It is fun and exciting to see things like bears, but also kind of scary.  I wouldn't have minded a big horned sheep, or something though.  ;)  We were hot on the trail of a moose shortly after leaving the swampy area but we never saw one. We also some some signs of bear (I was very vocal after that!) but we saw lots of flowers, butterflies, birds and chipmunks. Chipmunks are a little exciting to those of us that live in the prairies and never get to see them.  ;)

I saw this little mountain blue bird while still standing at the car...




Swallowtail butterfly.


Beautiful flower that I haven't looked up.  They were all over the place at the start of the hike and then again at the end.

The exciting chipmunk!  :)



I was pretty happy to see this group of Cedar Waxwings.  I had seen a few by themselves earlier, but couldn't get close enough for a picture.  They obviously felt more confident in a group.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chipmunks , oh I could chase those. Lovely pictures and have a good Saturday.
Best wishes Molly

deb said...

Love the little mountain bluebird. Cool how all the cedar waxwings are hanging out together too!

WigglyZack said...

Wow, beautiful pictures