Monday, March 17, 2014

A Nice Walk


We went out to Fort Macleod this weekend for a walk.  It is one of my favourite places - there are actually shrubs and trees there.  :)  The girls have tonnes of stuff to sniff (some times too much - Lacey is often bringing us back delightful gifts) and it's just nice to have a change of scenery every now and then.  :)


We are pretty sure there were a couple of moose nearby.  We didn't see any tracks on our way out, but we did on the way back. The dogs were also acting like they suspected something was near but thankfully they couldn't quite pinpoint where it was. Lacey cracked me up by sticking her nose deep into the footprints and sniffing.  She reminded me of those trackers you see in the movies taking a pinch of poop and estimating how old it was.  If she could talk, I'm sure she would have been telling us how old the tracks were based on their scent.

 Judging by the tracks it was a momma and her baby.  They would have been pretty cool to see but I'm glad we didn't - I wouldn't want to come across an angry and protective moose with our dogs off leash.




No comments: