Monday, February 28, 2011

Vet Visit

Lacey went into the vet for her annual check-up this morning.  It was the least stressful visit ever.


We went into an exam room and had about 5 minutes to ourselves.  I plunked down on the floor and Lacey promptly went and sat in a corner.  So I threw cookies throughout the room.  She eventually wandered out, ate the cookies, gave things a cursory sniff and then went back to her corner.  So I did it again.  And again.

She eventually settled in next to me so I just sat and massaged her neck and back.  She started to relax.  Then the vet peeked in.  She brought more cookies.  Lacey took them from her hand and then settled back in the corner.  So I threw more cookies on the floor between me and the vet while we chatted.  Lacey came out once for the cookies and then laid down at my feet.

The vet and I talked.  Lacey just laid there.  We discovered that the vaccine combination that she needed wasn't at the clinic and that the combination they usually used would be giving Lacey a vaccine that she had just had last year (we went to a different, yet "related" clinic this time).  So we opted to wait until they got the vaccine Lacey needed.

Lacey got one last cookie from the vet, one last cookie from me and bolted out of there.  Phew.  But we are going to do it all over again on Friday.  And this time, someone other than me is going to have to touch her.  Oh the horrors!!!

Oh and just for the record - she is 15 kg.  Quite the little tank!

No comments: