Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shadow Handling

I've loved some dog photos I've seen with the dog and their shadow next to them. I've never tried to "embrace" the shadow before so that is what I did today while out for a walk with the girls. I never managed to get any neat "dog and shadow" ones, but there were a few "shadow only" ones of Lacey that I liked.

When she was walking she looked oddly roach backed in her shadow and she looked as if she had spikes on her spine and butt. It was kind of freaky.

I took the girls out separately on a leashed walk as they tend to set each other off whenever we see people or dogs. Coulee was an angel because I had treats. Lacey on the other hand, had a complete melt down when the ice in the lake shifted and made noise. It took me 10 minutes to get her calm enough to eat the treats she had been gobbling down just moments before. She eventually got over it and was almost her usual self by the time we reached the van.

2 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

love the second one. very cool. looks like a mini german shepherd with her back like that...

Sarah said...

CUTE!