Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Big Bugs

We are heading to Costa Rica this weekend! It will be the first time Marlin and I have have left Canada together (if you don't count a few small road trips to the northern US). I am very excited. I've been doing tonnes of internet research and of course, the best place to find photos is on flickr. There are gorgeous sunsets, beautiful beaches, colourful birds and then there is also this....


DSC02105, Limon, Costa Rica, originally uploaded by lyng883.

I think I will faint if this lands on my arm. Seriously. It makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. Hopefully these don't climb in through hotel windows, or crawl onto towels on the beach.

10 comments:

Alana said...

LOL! I don't think they roam free. My parents would have mentioned that. You are going to have so much fun!!! I'm happy for you!

StellaStar said...

*gulp* I am NOT a bug person. This picture makes me squeamish. Have fun on your trip!

Sarah said...

you know what, when we were in Panama (we were only 45min from Costa Rica), we had beetles the size of my hand hitting our window at night, and stuck to the screen, don't even get me started on the spiders and snakes!!!!!!

have fun, my advice - wear boots!

Stephanie V said...

Boots and a helmet. Heck, go all out and get a haz-mat suit!

PoochesForPeace said...

ahhhh!!!!!!!

Bobbi said...

Thats gross, I would stay home if I knew there was even a possibility of seeing one....

Sam said...

I had the joy of looking at this picture while chomping on a mouthful of spaghetti. EEEEK!

Kim said...

EEWWW!!!

onecollie said...

OH....MY....GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah was a big help LOL!!!!

LAlivin13 said...

I love Costa Rica, lived there for 2 years. The bugs are really that big!