Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rained Out

We are looking after 3 of Amanda's dogs this week as she is in Ottawa with Wicca for the Agility Nationals. Today I took the "wee ones" on an off leash walk without Coulee. I wanted the little ones to have a chance to actually fetch the toy for once, and taking 5 dogs with just one person seemed a little risky. At least that is what I told Vito. The rest of us really know why Coulee was left at home. ;)

Turns out I should have brought her. The park was dead and we didn't get very far before the storm came. The little ones had a great time fetching (Lacey is a fetching machine!) and Boone did great despite the thunder. As we all ran back to the car in the rain he was the only one who kept running back to make sure I was still coming.

This is us running back to the car. Yes, Boone is dragging a leash... I put it on when the thunder started just in case he decided to bolt. Turns out, I didn't need to worry.

And don't worry about Coulee... she'll get a private walk later tonight (without her pesky little brother) once the storm clouds have disappeared.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Eek! My Marge would NOT take kindly to getting stuck in a storm. Sounds like the crew had a good time though, even if it was just for a little while.

manymuddypaws said...

aawww, you didn't have to do that, but thanks! bad vito.... we'll work on that when i get back.

glad they were good on the walk!