Sunday, July 12, 2009

Houston

What do you do if you've got 14 hours in Houston? Well if you are us you:
  1. Walk 3 blocks in the incredibly humid heat to get to Godfather's Pizza.
    I don't think I've ever had this kind of pizza before. Yum! We were shocked at how hot it was at 8 p.m. and how many people were wearing jeans! No wonder people think Canada is cold. If you can wear jeans in 34 C humid, heat you are going to freeze your butt off in Canada.
  2. Sleep.

Pretty boring eh? On our way back we actually have 7 hours during the day here so we will probably explore a little. I asked the front desk person what she would do if she only had 7 hours in Houston. She suggested going clubbing, shopping or to a movie. Hmmm. Maybe I need to ask someone a little older!

We'll be off in search of one of these later this morning...

It may be my last Chai Tea for a week! Maybe I'll google Starbucks to see if there are any in Costa Rica. I may have to try coffee while I'm there. Maybe it is like fruit - a zillion times better at the source than at the grocery store.

4 comments:

deb said...

LOL! LOVE the front desk clerks ideas for things to do! Maybe grab a couple of brochures sitting by the front desk - probably have a few better ideas. ;)

deb said...

As for the jeans (forgot to add), they probably jump of an AC car into an AC building. But ugh it sounds hot - good aclimitization for the rest of your trip.

onecollie said...

come on Wendy...live a little!...go clubbing ! LOL!!!
you'll be happy to know Coulee goobered up our new ball on our walk this afternoon!

Penny McKinlay said...

I spent a wonderful, wonderful day at the Art Gallery in Houston when I got held up on my way to Mexico. It's a huge gallery with great exhibits.