Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Go Lucky

This is how I hope I look on our vacation.

Not scared poopless of the big bugs. The snakes I can handle (this is Marlin's fear though), insects and spiders not so much. I have big rubber boots to protect my tootsies but let's be realistic. If a bug as big as the one below lands on my boot, I will be freaked out. Even if I'm in a full haz mat suit as Stephanie suggested, I would still be freaked out. I find the bugs we have here repulsive and I'm not sure if my repulsion/fear will multiply exponentially along with the size of Costa Rican bugs but I sure hope not. I had a leech on my leg once and I'm sure people 10 miles away heard me screeching.

The good news is, I've been told the tarantulas only come out at night. Too bad the sun sets at 5:30 p.m. there. That is a little early to go to bed, even for me.

2 comments:

PoochesForPeace said...

I HATE bugs too, but my brother had a pet tarantula once (yea, really) and it was actually more like an animal up close because it was furry. That helped me a little....as for those beatles or whatever that was in your pic...not so furrty or animal like. Gives me the creeps!!!

Stephanie V said...

You guys should join us in Ireland. There are no snakes! Really, Marlin! And not that many bugs either. Even the few mosquitoes are fairly harmless.

Love, Mom