Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dark and Dramatic


So I started a photography class last night. I've been looking forward to it for a while now. After the first night, I can already tell it is going to be very challenging and will be pushing my limits - which is a good thing. Part of our assignment this week is to take high and low key photos. If you don't know what these are just go to Flickr and do a searches for high key and low key. I know it helped me understand a little better.

Today at work I focused on the low key. There is a little patch of sun that comes in the side door and it was very fun to take pictures of the dogs as their head was just entering into the patch of sun. Izzy and Vito were quite willing models.

I didn't think I'd like the Low Key photos very much but I have to admit, I find these pretty interesting. These are all straight out of the camera but I think I'll take out that bit of light in the top right corner of Vito's picture once I have time to edit them.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

sounds fun! i too prefer high key but it depends on the subject i suppose.

i have to lend you a book i have, it is all black dogs on black, i'll drop it off at the daycare for you

Stephanie V said...

That's pretty cool. I had to click them bigger...they were just like looking at ultrasounds. I love the bottom one. Interesting idea. Good luck with your classes.