Thursday, May 15, 2008

Practice Needed

This week's photography class was all about motion and low lighting (not necessarily the two of them together.

We need to:

  1. Explore low light - take pictures inside and out in low light.
  2. Create a sillouette
  3. Explore motion - freeze it, blur it and pan it

Do you know the neat pictures where the car is speeding by and it is in focus but the background is blurry? That is done by panning. I've always wanted to know how to do that so I was pretty excited that this was part of our assignment. Apparently it isn't as easy as it looks. I tried to pan Coulee last night while she fetched a ball and the photos were so bad, I can't even post one here...they aren't worth looking at. Trust me on this. Amanda and I are going out to the agility field tonight so her dogs can run over, and over, and over, the dog walk or teeter or something to see if I can get anything decent. They will probably get bored silly before I get a decent picture. I might try doing some at the daycare today too but with lots of dogs running around, it can get kind of complicated.

No comments: