Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Speechless

So first thing this morning I got a call from Natalie asking if I needed my van. I hesitated... was she asking to borrow it? I don't like not having a vehicle at work in case something happens and I need to get a dog somewhere quick, but I knew she wouldn't ask if she didn't need it. So I eventually said, "No, I don't need it." And then she dropped the bomb. The rescue was going to get my windows tinted for doing up their website. I don't think a coherent sentence left my lips after that. It was a complete surprise. (I've since discovered that my husband and Amanda both knew about it and no one told me!)

I feel a little uncomfortable with the gift. I volunteered not expecting anything in return. I think LOTS of people do much more for the rescue. It is easier to do a website than it is to foster a dog! But that doesn't mean, I don't appreciate the gesture. So as I'm sure I never said it on the phone, what with me in a complete daze..

Thank You!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

you got PUNK'D !

and they Pimped your Ride!

too funny!