Sunday, April 1, 2012

Appetite - A to Z Challenge

I've decided (at the very last minute) to take part in the A to Z challenge.  You can find out more by clicking the link, but basically you blog every day except Sundays (except today!) and each day is themed on a different day of the alphabet.  My mom's friend has participated a few times and even carries on the theme all year but does a weekly challenge, instead of a daily one.

So today I bring you the letter A - Appetite.

Coulee and Lacey (well all our pets actually) have very healthy appetites. When we first got Coulee we had to teach her to sit for her meal because otherwise she jumped up and knocked it out of our hand.  It is amazing how easy this was to teach as the reward was huge and we practice it every day, twice a day.

They are both very good at the pleading look.



Once the food arrives, Coulee's demeanour goes from pleading, to slightly panicked.


Lacey struggles to keep the drool in check.


Neither dog has ever skipped a meal.  In fact, they've never even taken longer than 20 seconds to eat a meal.  They also are very good at cleaning out their dishes.  There is never a single crumb left.

I'm looking forward to the A to Z Challenge!  I'm going to stick to a pet theme for the month (I know, you are all shocked).  Be sure to check out some of the other participants!




7 comments:

Test Test said...

Welcome to the challenge.

You take beautiful pictures of your dogs. They make me even more excited for when I can finally know where I'm teaching in the fall so I'll know where I'm moving so I can finally get a new dog =)

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

You've got darling pups! Beautiful photos of them! Can't wait to see what comes next :)

Andrea said...

Our dog gets the shivers when the foodies going into his bowl...nowhere near as attractive in photos as your lovelies there.

Janyce said...

Your dogs are beautiful and so is your kitty. I love the photos! (I joined the A-Z challenge, too. I just learned of it today... fun!)

Funny in My Mind said...

Very cute dogs!
I am familiar with the drool as I pour the dog food into the bowls.

vikeka said...

Good luck ... with the challenge - love the set up of your blog. Lovely and cute pictures of the dogs with "Appetite"

Mary Lou said...

Awwww, what adorable, pleading faces!! My "Food Lovin'" BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE Beagle/German Shepherd cross, Rose, is an expert beggar, as well!! Dogs.... You gotta love them!! ;op